1870-1879 timeline for Orford township

This page is a work-in-progress.

1874-11-01 – A new post office was established at Palmyra; John Mills, postmaster. [1]

1875 – James C. McDonald was succeeded in the Clerkship of Orford by Henry Watson of Clearville. [2]


Sources:

1.

Government of Canada. Canada Gazette, 21 November 1874. Vol. 8, no. 21 (pg. 543). Digital image online at www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/canada-gazette/ (accessed 2018-03-15).

2.

Phelps, Edward, and Ross Cumming, eds. “Township of Orford,” in: Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Counties of Essex and Kent. Toronto: H. Beldon & Company, 1881.

❖     ❖     ❖

© Alison Kilpatrick 2018